★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 l
- 1 l
- apple juice, unsweetened
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 500 g
- porridge oats or oatmeal
- of each peaches, nectarines or any soft fruits add more for smaller fruits
How to Make Fruity porridge breakfast bake
- 1In a large heavy based pan add your oats and apple juice. You can either leave to soak overnight or continue as follows. Add your milk and sugar, combine well and cook over a medium heat stirring all the time until thickened to the way you like it. Turn off heat and leave to cool or you can now use some for breakfast making sure there is enough left for your bake.
- 2Whilst the oats are cooling start to chop up your fruit and add to a large casserole dish spreading them out evenly. Once the oats are cooled down scoop them out over the top of your fruit and even it out with a spatula until all fruit is covered. Leave to cool completely then once cooled right down cover with cling wrap and leave in the fridge overnight.
- 3On the morning when you are ready to use pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f . Remove cling wrap and place in the oven, cook for about 20 mins then serve. You could also have this as a dessert and serve with ice cream, custard or cream. Enjoy!