How to Make French Toast Bread Pudding
- Brown bacon, drain well set aside.
- Use 4 of the eggs, beat well. Add 2 Tbsp. Of cinnamon, 1 Tbsp.brown sugar, 1 tsp. Vanilla and 1 cup of milk. Mix well. This will be your French toast mix.
- Using Texas Toast dip in mixture and prepare French toast with non stick butter flavored cooking spray. Cook entire loaf, set aside to cool.
- When completely cooled cube and place in large bowl.
- Dice drained bacon into bite size pieces and mix into bread cubes..set aside
- in separate bowl mix remaining eggs(6), cinnamon (2 Tbsp),brown sugar(1Tbsp.), vanilla (1tsp.). Add in maple syrup, heavy cream and remaining milk (11/2 cup). Slowly add melted butter.
- Pour egg mixture into bread cubes and bacon and toss lightly.
- spray 8x8 or 9x9 pan with non stick cooking spray. Pour bread mixture into pan. Mixture will completely fill pan, as bread absorbs mixture size will decrease.
- Cover and refrigerate over night
- First thing in the morning remove bread pudding from refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for even baking.
Preheat oven to 350
- Bake for 15 minutes covered. Remove cover bake for another 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and it does not have a wet appearance or until desired consistency.
Cut into squares and serve warm