Flexible Breakfast Casserole
The beauty of this is you can add or leave out whatever you like or have on hand. I have made many varieties of this casserole for work and it's a hit every time. Everything is done the night before and it cooks while I'm getting ready for work. It's also a great holiday breakfast.
- 8 slice
- firm bread like italian or sourdough or buy day old bread for this recipe but any bread will do
- 1 c
- grated cheese, any type you like
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper each
- any fresh chopped herbs you like, basil and thyme are really nice
- 1 c
- any meat you like, cooked & chopped such as breakfast sausage, ham, bacon
- 1-1 1/2 c
- any veggies you like such as mushrooms, peppers, onions, artichokes, asparagus, etc sauted.
How to Make Flexible Breakfast Casserole
- 3Beat eggs & milk, add salt, pepper and any herbs. Pour over the bread/meat/veggie layers Make sure it just covers the bread, but isn't up to the top of the casserole dish or it will overflow when it bakes. Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cover and let sit in the fridge over night. Bake at 350 in a water bath for about 45 minutes with foil on top, then remove foil and bake about 10 more minutes or until eggs are set.