It's super easy to put together and the texture of the eggs really do turn out fluffy and feathered!!
Hope you enjoy!
*Note: I changed the spices.. The chives worked better for us.
1-1 1/2 slicebread (thicker cut is preferred)
1 cshredded cheese
1/4 cfully cooked diced sausage or ham (optional)
1/2 tspdried chives (optional)
How to Make Featherbed Eggs
- Butter the bottom and the sides of a small 2 cup casserole dish well. Make a layer of bread on the bottom of the dish making sure to fill all spaces.
- Cover the bread layer with the shredded cheese. Cover the cheese with your choice of meat if your using.
- Mix the eggs and milk together making at least 1 cup of cooking liquid. Add in chives and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the bread/cheese mixture. Grate pepper over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place in a cold oven and turn the heat to 350 degrees. Bake, uncovered for around 40-45 min. or until puffy and golden.