It's super easy to put together and the texture of the eggs really do turn out fluffy and feathered!!
Hope you enjoy!
*Note: I changed the spices.. The chives worked better for us.
- 1-1 1/2 slice
- bread (thicker cut is preferred)
- 1 c
- shredded cheese
- 1/4 c
- fully cooked diced sausage or ham (optional)
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- dried chives (optional)
How to Make Featherbed Eggs
- 1Butter the bottom and the sides of a small 2 cup casserole dish well. Make a layer of bread on the bottom of the dish making sure to fill all spaces.
- 2Cover the bread layer with the shredded cheese. Cover the cheese with your choice of meat if your using.
- 3Mix the eggs and milk together making at least 1 cup of cooking liquid. Add in chives and mix well.
- 4Pour egg mixture over the top of the bread/cheese mixture. Grate pepper over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Place in a cold oven and turn the heat to 350 degrees. Bake, uncovered for around 40-45 min. or until puffy and golden.