- 1 pkg
- grape tomatoes
- 2 OR 3
- eggs scrambled w/ground pepper and a dash of water (2tblsp)
- 3 medium
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c
- green, orange or red sweet pepper
- medium onion
- good shake to cover paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- garlic powder for grape tomatoes
- good shake of parsley to cover
- up to 1/4 cup olive oil
- butter optional
How to Make FARMERS OMELETTE
- 1Wash Grape Tomatoes paper towel dry, put in casserole dish, dust with garlic powder, salt n pepper to taste, and 1 tsp sugar, add 2 tblsp olive oil and stir Bake on 350 for 20 mins no longer
- 2Peel and wash Potatoes... slice into 1/8 inch slice put in fry pan with 1/8 cup olive oil, add diced onions, and peppers, top with salt, pepper, parsley and paprika. On low heat cook covered until potatoes are tender remove cover and cook til potatoes are slightly crispy on the bottom, may add additional olive oil if needed or some butter Now top with the scrambled egg mixture cover and slowly cook until eggs are cooked.. At this point, turn off heat add the cheese on top and cover until cheese is melted .
- 3Serve it up on a warm dish and enjoy.!!! I always serve with a muffin of some sort, or corn bread. I am a vegetarian so the bacon on this plate is for hubby.
- 4Feel free to add ham or crumbled bacon to your egg mixture if you desire...go crazy as long as you follow the basic steps u can customize to your taste. If I don't have Grape tomatoes in the house my husband likes me to warm some salsa and put that on top with a little sour cream.!!!