- 6-8 slice
- slices of bread (decrusted and buttered on both sides) enough bread to cover the bottom of pan (i brush olive oil on the bread instead of butter)
- 1 lb
- hot sausage (i use jimmy dean)
- 1 1/2 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c
- half & half
- 1 tsp
How to Make Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 1Place the bread in a 13” x 9” baking dish. Cook sausage & drain grease (pat with paper towels & be sure to get all the grease out)
- 2Sprinkle the cooked sausage over bread.
- 3Next, layer the shredded cheese over the sausage & bread.
- 4Mix eggs, Half & Half, and Salt. Mix well and pour over the bread, sausage & cheese.
- 5Refrigerate overnight. The next morning, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.