6-8 sliceslices of bread (decrusted and buttered on both sides) enough bread to cover the bottom of pan (i brush olive oil on the bread instead of butter)
1 lbhot sausage (i use jimmy dean)
1 1/2 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese
2 chalf & half
How to Make Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Place the bread in a 13” x 9” baking dish. Cook sausage & drain grease (pat with paper towels & be sure to get all the grease out)
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage over bread.
- Next, layer the shredded cheese over the sausage & bread.
- Mix eggs, Half & Half, and Salt. Mix well and pour over the bread, sausage & cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight. The next morning, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.