Easy and Impressive Egg Cups
You can make one or two for a before school breakfast or dozens for an Easter buffet. Store them individually in the fridge to microwave on hectic mornings.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
12 mediumeggs (large or xl will overflow a standard muffin tin)
12 slicewhite sandwich bread (can use puff pastry)
1/2 cchopped ham, cooked breakfast sausage or crumbled bacon
1/4-1/2 cshredded cheddar
·fresh parsley, chopped fresh spinach or dried parsley
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Easy and Impressive Egg Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread into 4-4 1/2" circles. (I use a plastic cup) Butter both sides of bread generously.
- Fit into regular muffin tins pressing up the edges to form cups. Patch with left over bread at bottom if necessary. (It won't show)
- Add 1-2 tsp. shredded cheddar to bottom of each cup. Crack an egg into each. Then, sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley (or spinach) and meat, if desired. Extra shredded cheddar can be added 5 minutes before they are done.
- Bake 14-16 minutes for soft yolks, 16-18 minutes for hard. (Watch closely... oven temps vary.) Loosen with a knife and serve.