Easy and Impressive Egg Cups
You can make one or two for a before school breakfast or dozens for an Easter buffet. Store them individually in the fridge to microwave on hectic mornings.
- 12 medium
- eggs (large or xl will overflow a standard muffin tin)
- 12 slice
- white sandwich bread (can use puff pastry)
- 1/2 c
- chopped ham, cooked breakfast sausage or crumbled bacon
- 1/4-1/2 c
- shredded cheddar
- softened butter
- fresh parsley, chopped fresh spinach or dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Easy and Impressive Egg Cups
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut bread into 4-4 1/2" circles. (I use a plastic cup) Butter both sides of bread generously.
- 3Fit into regular muffin tins pressing up the edges to form cups. Patch with left over bread at bottom if necessary. (It won't show)
- 4Add 1-2 tsp. shredded cheddar to bottom of each cup. Crack an egg into each. Then, sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley (or spinach) and meat, if desired. Extra shredded cheddar can be added 5 minutes before they are done.
- 5Bake 14-16 minutes for soft yolks, 16-18 minutes for hard. (Watch closely... oven temps vary.) Loosen with a knife and serve.