Low Calorie Breakfast Bacon or Ham/Cheese Strata
4gluten free english muffins, split, toasted and cubed
8conadian bacon slices or cooked ham slices cut into 1 inch pieces
I cabout 4 ounces of shredded reduced fat sharp cheedar cheese
4large eggs or 2 small carton of egg substitute equals 2 eggs each.(equals 1/2 cup each)
8large egg whites or 4 small carton of egg white substitute equals 2 egg whites each. (equals 1/2 cup each)
3 c1% low fat milk
1 tspdry mustard
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tsponion powder
1 tspworcestershire sauce (optional)
1/4 tsphot pepper sauce such as tabasco (optional)
How to Make Low Calorie Breakfast Bacon or Ham/Cheese Strata
- Combine muffin cubes and canadian bacon in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray;and sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat eggs and egg whites with a mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Add milk and next 5 ingredients and beat at low speed until blended.
- Pour egg mixture over muffin mixture;cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Remove cassarole from refrigerafor and let stand while oven preheats.
- Uncover casserole and place in oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and let set for 15 minutes before serving.
- Server with your favorite breakfast juice and fruit.