Crockpot Peachy French Toast
How much better can it get than Peachy French Toast in the crockpot.
Pour that maple syrup over it and mm mm good. This does not come out in slices but as a casserole. The taste is wonderful.
If your having company put it on the night before on low and jump into bed. The next morning put on that pot of coffee and enjoy.
You can add different types of fruit, I have only tried peaches as this is the first time I ever made it but I cannot see why you could not.
PS the next time I make it I plan to melt butter pecan ice cream and use it in place of milk and add pecan to the oatmeal and brown sugar mixture.
- 15 slice
- 15 1/4 oz
- can of peaches or you can use frozen fruit
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
How to Make Crockpot Peachy French Toast
- 1Tear bread into large pieces and put in a bowl and set aside
- 2Puree the peaches and add eggs sugar vanilla and milk and set aside.
- 3Mix together the oatmeal brown sugar and cinnamon with the butter till crumbly.
- 4In a greased with butter crockpot layer 1/3 of the bread in buttered crockpot. Pour 1/3 of the egg mixture over the bread covering it, then layer 1/3 of the oatmeal mixture. Repeat two more times.
- 5Put the crockpot on low and go to bed. Wake up and smell the cinnamon. Do not let this cook longer than 7-8 hours. Take crockpot out of the heat and let set for about 20 minutes while you make coffee and set the table.