He found the recipe posted on FB.
2 can(s)pillsbury crescent dinner rolls (original)
2 pkg8 oz. philadelpphia cream cheese (softened)
1 1/2 tsppure vanilla flavoring
1/4 cmelted butter
1/4 csugar cinnamon mixture
SUGGESTION: MAKE THE RECIPE FOR A SMALL FAMILY OR A AN EXTRA ONE OR TWO GUESTS BY DIVIDING IN HALF - WORKS GREAT AND SERVES FOUR PERFECTLY. IT ALSO SAVES YOU FROM AN OVERDOSE OF CALORIES. FITS PERFECTLY IN AN 8X8 BAKING DISH.
How to Make Cheesecake Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix both pkgs. of cream cheese cream with 1 cup of sugar. Mix until spreadable and add 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla - mix in.
- Open 1 can of crescent rolls and line bottom of prepared baking dish keeping rolls connected.
- Spread , completely covering crescent rolls with cream cheese mixture.
- Unroll remaining can of rolls, keeping rolls connected, and layer on top of cream cheese layer.
Spread melted butter over entire top layer (may use more butter if desired).
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar.
May drizzle with honey, if desired.Dish is now ready for oven.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake 20--30 minutes. Top should be nice and brown. Pull out of oven and let cool slightly, serve warm.
- it is so good by itself; however, adding fresh berries with whipped cream just adds an extra kick and allows you to serve additional guests. Hubby put a dip of vanilla ice cream on his - can't vouch for the taste test but he loved it.