Corned beef hash & eggs
Irisa Raina 9
This was a huge hit with my husband!
·¾ to 1 pound of corned beef “ left from st. patty’s day “
·1 or 2 small to medium yukon gold potatoes
·1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped into small bite size pieces
·1 clove of garlic, minced
·1 teaspoon sea salt
·1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
·1/4 teaspoon instant coffee
·2 tablespoon unsalted butter divided in ½
·1 tablespoon olive oil
·3 large eggs
·2 green onions “ chopped thin only the green parts “
How to Make Corned beef hash & eggs
- In a skillet add the butter and oil and put it on a medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 3 minutes then turn the stove down to a low setting and add the garlic and stir till the onion and garlic are almost done.
- Add the salt, pepper & coffee and continue to cook on low for a minute or two more.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into small chucks, add the remaining butter to the skillet and add the potatoes. Cover and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes “depending on how big you cut the potatoes “. Stir this so all the potatoes cook evenly. Once the potatoes are done remove the cover and continue cooking.
- Chop the corned beef in the same size pieces as the potatoes and add it to the potato & onion mixture and stir carefully as to not break up the corned beef.
- Keep this uncovered and as soon as the corned beef starts to crisp, top it with the 3 eggs and put the lid back on. Leave the lid on till the eggs are done to you likeness.
- Top with the chopped green onions.