Corned beef hash & eggs
Irisa Raina 9
This was a huge hit with my husband!
- ¾ to 1 pound of corned beef “ left from st. patty’s day “
- 1 or 2 small to medium yukon gold potatoes
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped into small bite size pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter divided in ½
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 green onions “ chopped thin only the green parts “
How to Make Corned beef hash & eggs
- 1In a skillet add the butter and oil and put it on a medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 3 minutes then turn the stove down to a low setting and add the garlic and stir till the onion and garlic are almost done.
- 2Add the salt, pepper & coffee and continue to cook on low for a minute or two more.
- 3Wash and cut the potatoes into small chucks, add the remaining butter to the skillet and add the potatoes. Cover and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes “depending on how big you cut the potatoes “. Stir this so all the potatoes cook evenly. Once the potatoes are done remove the cover and continue cooking.
- 4Chop the corned beef in the same size pieces as the potatoes and add it to the potato & onion mixture and stir carefully as to not break up the corned beef.
- 5Keep this uncovered and as soon as the corned beef starts to crisp, top it with the 3 eggs and put the lid back on. Leave the lid on till the eggs are done to you likeness.
- 6Top with the chopped green onions.