Chive and Goat Cheese Souffle
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 cwhole milk
8 ozvermont butter & cheese company herb-coated fresh goat cheese divided, 2 4oz logs!!!
1/4 cfresh chives,chopped
1/2 tspsea salt
1/8 tspblack pepper
4whole eggs, seperated
4 Tbspparmesean cheese
How to Make Chive and Goat Cheese Souffle
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter six (6 oz.) ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook, whisking, 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is just golden. In a slow stream, whisk in milk. Raise heat so mixture bubbles gently, and cook, whisking, about 2 minutes or until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove pan from heat.
- Crumble 1 1/2 logs goat cheese and add to milk mixture, stirring and breaking up any clumps until cheese melts. Stir in chives, salt, and pepper. Whisk in egg yolks. Crumble remaining half log goat cheese into small clumps and stir gently into mixture, allowing clumps to remain whole.
- . In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium high to beat egg whites until they just hold stiff peaks. Fold 3/4 of whites into yolk mixture to lighten it, then gently fold in remaining whites. Divide mixture among ramekins. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan, if desired.
- Bake souffles until puffed and golden, about 18 minutes. Souffles may deflate once theyfre out of the oven, but will still taste delicious. Serve immediately.