Breakfast in Bed
Hopefully, you are inspired to make a special "Breakfast in Bed" for someone you love or drop a hint that you want it yourself. hehe
Do tell if you do. I would love to hear about it!
·coffee, tea, orange juice, milk or water
·eggs made the way they love them
·sausage, or ham
·sausage and gravy over biscuits
·biscuits, english muffins, croissants or bagels and some wonderful jam w/butter too
·pancakes, shaped as hearts or anything you desire
·waffles or french toast w/fresh fruit
·syrup, heated it up in a pan; served hot
·fruit salad with favorite fruits
·quiche, any type that they love
·cinnamon rolls, donuts or pastries they adore
·add chocolate, chocolate, chocolate lol
How to Make Breakfast in Bed
- To start: It is best to know the routine of the person you are preparing breakfast for. Do they love being surprised or is it better to ease them into the morning of your caterering to them. Maybe they need to just have a cup of coffee first and wake up and then bring them breakfast. Or they may be like me and love the spontaneity of it more than anything else. Bring the whole tray full of goodies and wake them up with a kiss and breakfast.
You will also need some extra pillows to fluff up and place behind your loved one, so that they are even more comfortable as they eat.
- You will start out with some type of breakfast
tray. Preferably one with legs on it works the best but any nice sized tray will do.
You can prep up the little specialites that are added to the tray. Such as, a single rose or a few flowers in a mason jar. A beautiful card, sweet saying or quote, you gratitiude written out on paper. Tickets to the movies, a concert or play...whatever would be a wonderful surprise.
- Speciality "Breakfast in Bed"
Now, you may want a really special breakfast with all the bells and whistles, which would include some champagne too. This is an over the top really fancy "Breakfast in Bed" and so very worth it to the one you are preparing it for.
"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne." Bette Davis
- Tea: It is another story all together. You have your tea connoisseurs and if that is your case then you must prepare the tea to perfection. Whether they have a beautiful single tea pot w/cup as pictured here on the side or just a beautiful tea cup make sure the water is HOT. Do know what their favorite tea is and either have it ready for them to brew while eating their breakfast or brew it yourself. But please know they are a finicky group, so don't mess up the tea please. LOL
- Personally, I feel that Bacon is a necessity to making the "Breakfast in Bed" complete. It is the aroma of bacon that draws me into the whole experience and then when I indulge it is pure delight! LOL....I know, a little exaggeration but you get my point.
I love peppered bacon but there are all sorts of specialty bacon and if you can get your hands on that then I would suggest doing so. It is worth it and far better than cheap cheap bacon.
- Problem: You Can't Cook A Good Breakfast
Answer: No Excuse
Find a place that they love and have had breakfast from before. Bob Evans, Perkins, McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts and order it to go. Get it home fast!!! Have your tray and everything else ready the night before and then just take everything out of the boxes and place on a pretty plates, bowls and cups. Walla, breakfast in bed.
- "Suspense" by Charles Burton Barber, 1894
In this wonderful painting, a young girl is having breakfast in bed. Her pet kitty and her terrier dog are looking intently at the meal while she bows her head and puts her hands together to say grace.
Victorian Edwardian painter Charles Burton Barber (1845 – 1894) specialised in oil paintings of children and their pets. He was a favourite of Queen Victoria and he painted her family, grandchildren and pets.
~~~~I have this picture on my wall and is one of my all time favorite artistic prints that I have.
- A man's "Breakfast in Bed"; at least my man anyway. LOL
Steak, bacon, sausage, large cinnamon roll and a dollup of eggs. ROFL....seriously though....it is much like the wish of the little dog above; don't you think. hehe
Oh, add the sports page, a magazine they love or put the history channel on the TV. LOL
- Some great quotes:
There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” Lewis Carroll
“The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.” Author Unknown
“Once a woman has forgiven a man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.”
“Hope is a good breakfast but a bad supper.” Francis Bacon Sr.
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” Adelle Davis
- I wanted to share just a few songs that are very inspiring as you prepare or think about preparing your man's "breakfast in bed".
Make Someone Happy -- Jimmy Durante
The Right Kind of Lover --Patti LaBelle
Spoiled --Joss Stone
Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman? -Bryan Adams
I Will Always Love You -Dolly Parton or Whitney Houston's version
Love Me Tender - Elvis
I Love the Way You Love Me - John Michael Montgomery
Kenny G -----Any of his music