Book Group Brunch Quiche
1single crust pie, unbaked
1 csauteed vegetables (leeks, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach)
1/4 csun dried tomatoes
2 cshredded jack cheese or colby jack
1 chalf and half
1/2 cwhipping cream
1/2 csour cream
1/2 tspfresh ground pepper
3 ozcream cheese, room temperature
How to Make Book Group Brunch Quiche
- The night before combine the half and half, cream, sour cream, salt and pepper and eggs in blender and blend until well mixed.
- Also the night before, sautee the leeks, mushrooms, zucchini and spinach together in a little olive oil. Once sauteed, layer several paper towel and dump the veggies out and top with more paper towel. Squeeze as much liquid out as possible without squishing the veggies too much until you have about 1 cup or more of veggies.
- Next morning, heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out pie crust (I use a store bought crust) and crimp the edge in a pie plate. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese in the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the veggies with the sundried tomatoes and layer on top of the cheese. Top with remaining shredded cheese. Cut the cream cheese into small piece and sprinkle on to of the shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over all. Put the pie plate on a cookie sheet and transfer both to the oven. Bake for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes until a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out pretty clean and the center isn't jiggly anymore. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.