Blue Ribbon Zucchini Carrot Raisin Bread
For variation, you can substitute dried cranberries or dried cherries for the raisins. I also sometimes add a pinch of nutmeg and about 1/4 tsp. of allspice. Great flavor additions for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
1 tspbaking soda
3 largeeggs, beaten
1 cshredded carrot
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 cvegetable oil
1 cshredded zucchini
1 cchopped walnuts or pecans, optional
1/2 craisins soaked for 5 minutes in 1/2 cup hot water to plump, then drain, optional
How to Make Blue Ribbon Zucchini Carrot Raisin Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In small bowl, combine eggs, oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix. (Batter will be stiff until you mix in zucchini.)
- Stir in zucchini, carrots, raisins and nuts. As you continue to mix, it will become the proper consistency as the zucchini lets go of its moisture.
- Pour batter evenly into 2 well-greased 8½x4 inch loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out nearly clean. Cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on wire racks.
- Makes 2 loaves.