Baked Yellow Zucchini, Leek and Vegan Feta "Omelette" with Fresh Dill and Mint
- 1/4 c
- freekeh, soaked for 6-8 hours
- 1 c
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- leeks, tops removed, split lengthwise and chopped (you want about 2 inches of green included)
- zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh mint, chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh dill, chopped
- 2 c
- basic scrambled "egg" mix
- 5 oz
- vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Baked Yellow Zucchini, Leek and Vegan Feta "Omelette" with Fresh Dill and Mint
- 1In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the freekeh, water and a large pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low, cover the pan and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 30 minutes. The Freekeh should be fully cooked.
- 2Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. In a large frying pan (that has a lid) over medium low heat, warm two of the tablespoons of olive oil. Cook the leeks, covered but stirring occasionally, until soft. This should take about 10-15 minutes. Once soft, remove the leeks from the pan and place into a large bowl.
- 3In the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, heat the oil, then cook the zucchini over medium heat until it softens. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Season with a touch of salt and pepper, then add to the bowl with the leeks.
- 4To the bowl of leeks and zucchini, add the rice, mint, dill, scrambled "egg" mix, vegan feta, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- 5Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish, then pour the mixture into the dish. Smooth over with a spatula, then bake until golden brown and set, about 35-40 minutes. To serve, cut into squares and serve while still warm.