Baked French Toast
How to Make Baked French Toast
- 1*French bread (baguette) cut into slices about 1 inch (3cm) thick, or about 8 slices white sandwich bread.
- 2Layer the slices of bread in a greased 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan.
- 3Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour over the bread.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, mix together the brown sugar and chopped nuts, sprinkle over the bread.
- 5Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until puffed and golden.