★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2loaf (16 oz. pkg.) french bread , cut into 1-inch cubes
4eggs, slightly beaten
1 cprepared egg nog
1/2 chalf and half
1/2 csugar divided
1apple, granny smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cpecans, in pieces
2 Tbspbutter or margarine room temperature
BREAKFAST CASSEROLE PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME
How to Make BAKED APPLE PIE FRENCH TOAST
- Place bread cubes in greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs, eggnog, half and half, and 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 1/2tsp of cinnamon in medium bowl;
- Pour half of the egg mixture evenly over bread cubes.
Cover with raisins, and apple slices. follow with pecan pieces
- Pour remaining egg mixture over pecan pieces
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon together in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over pecans. Dot with butter. Cover tightly with non stick foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º Bake 30 minutes covered then remove foil and continue baking another 15 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Let sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing to serve.