INDIVIDUAL SALMON QUICHE PIES (SALLYE)
1 lbsmoked or grilled salmon
1 pkgpie dough (found in dairy section)
1 bunchfresh green onions
6 ozbaby bellos or button mushrooms
8 ozgrated mozzarella or swiss cheese
1/2 cheavy cream
1 tspfresh ground pepper
1 dash(es)srirarca or tabasco hot sauce
YOU WILL NEED MINI TORTE PANS OR TINS FOR LARGE MUFFINS. (DOLLAR TREE SELLS SMALL FOIL TORTE PANS)
How to Make INDIVIDUAL SALMON QUICHE PIES (SALLYE)
- Preheat oven to 375º F
Thinly slice the green onions, green part included and place in medium sized mixing bowl.
Thinly slice the mushrooms and place in bowl with onions.
- There are two pieces of pie dough in each package. Cut each piece into 4 equal sections
Line each mini torte pan (or muffin cavity) with a piece of the pie dough. Gently press it down into the cavity so it will make a "bowl"
Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until just beginning to turn slightly brown.
Remove from oven and set aside.
- While crust is baking, prepare the quiche filling.
- Briskly whisk the eggs with cream and seasonings.
Pour over onion and mushrooms in mixing bowl.
Add the cheese to the mixture.
Crumble the smoked or grilled salmon into the egg mixture and whisk until mixture is well blended.
- After you have removed the baked dough from the oven, fill each cavity with equal amounts of the egg mixture.
Do not overfill because it will puff up some while cooking.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted in thickest part comes out clean and crust is a rich golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let set for at least 10 minutes before serving to allow quiche to firm up.