Spinach & Cheese Quiche (WW 5 Points, 250 calorie)
- frozen deep-dish (defrosted) or boxed single pie crust
- 12 oz. can evaporated fat-free milk
- c. low-fat cottage cheese
- c. grated parmesean cheese
- lg. eggs (or 2 lg. eggs and 3 lg. egg whites)
- tsp. salt
- tsp. pepper
- tsp. onion powder
- 10 oz. frozen spinach defrosted and squeezed in a towel very dry
- can mushrooms, optional
How to Make Spinach & Cheese Quiche (WW 5 Points, 250 calorie)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pie crust. If using frozen deep-dish pie crust, defrost first.
- 2Whisk together evaporated milk, cottage cheese, Parmesan, eggs, onion powder, salt and pepper until well combined.
- 3Spread spinach evenly over bottom of pie shell. Place pie pan on foil-lined cookie sheet.
- 4Carefully pour egg mixture into pie shell.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Cover crust with tin foil. I cut a large hole in the center of a square of foil. Lower oven temp. to 350 degrees and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 8 wedges. 250 calories each.