SMOKED HAM AND GRUYÈRE EGG BAKE
- 6 c
- artisan-style italian bread, cubed (1/2 inch) day-old
- 1 c
- ham, smoked and slivered or finely chopped
- 2 c
- gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 c
- milk, low-fat
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- hot pepper sauce, or to taste
How to Make SMOKED HAM AND GRUYÈRE EGG BAKE
- 1Coat 13x9-inch (3-quart) shallow glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange bread in bottom; sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- 2Whisk eggs in large bowl until blended; whisk in all remaining ingredients. Pour over bread mixture, pressing down with back of spatula to keep bread submerged. Cover and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
- 3Heat oven to 350°F. Bake, uncovered, 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out moist but clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.