Family Breakfast Casserole
Other things I like about the recipe are that it's awesomely easy, very flexible, it didn't scorch the eggs, and no stress Christmas morning!
We will definitely be enjoying this recipe again.
32 ozfrozen hash browns or tater tots
1 lbfavorite breakfast meat - ham, sausage, bacon, dried chorizo
3 cshredded monterey jack cheese
2/3 cshredded parmesan cheese
4 Tbspsundried tomato strips
6green onions, sliced
·optional add-ins: green chiles, pimiento, bell pepper, a little hot sauce to the egg/milk mixture
How to Make Family Breakfast Casserole
- Prepare a 6 qt. crock with food release spray.
- Prepare the meat, tomatoes, onions, and cheese (or purchase shredded cheese).
- Into the crock, evenly layer half the potatoes, then half the meat, half the cheeses, half the sun-dried tomato, and half the onion.
Repeat layers. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the milk, salt and pepper, and whisk again until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the layers in the crock.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours, or until the eggs are set.
- NOTES: You could sub 1 c. chopped fresh tomato for the sun-dried tomato. You could also use mozzarella cheese instead of Jack, or whatever kind you prefer.
I think you could easily add more egg/milk mixture, if you wanted to make more servings.
This recipe would also be a delicious breakfast-for-dinner meal!
I cooked 8 hours at 200 degrees -- the eggs were set and the food warm through. I would have preferred it to be hot, so next time I'll turn up the heat for 10 or 15 minutes just before serving.