Family Breakfast Casserole
Other things I like about the recipe are that it's awesomely easy, very flexible, it didn't scorch the eggs, and no stress Christmas morning!
We will definitely be enjoying this recipe again.
- 32 oz
- frozen hash browns or tater tots
- 1 lb
- favorite breakfast meat - ham, sausage, bacon, dried chorizo
- 3 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2/3 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- sundried tomato strips
- green onions, sliced
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- optional add-ins: green chiles, pimiento, bell pepper, a little hot sauce to the egg/milk mixture
How to Make Family Breakfast Casserole
- 1Prepare a 6 qt. crock with food release spray.
- 2Prepare the meat, tomatoes, onions, and cheese (or purchase shredded cheese).
- 3Into the crock, evenly layer half the potatoes, then half the meat, half the cheeses, half the sun-dried tomato, and half the onion.
Repeat layers. Set aside.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the milk, salt and pepper, and whisk again until well combined.
- 5Pour the egg mixture evenly over the layers in the crock.
- 6Cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours, or until the eggs are set.
- 7NOTES: You could sub 1 c. chopped fresh tomato for the sun-dried tomato. You could also use mozzarella cheese instead of Jack, or whatever kind you prefer.
I think you could easily add more egg/milk mixture, if you wanted to make more servings.
This recipe would also be a delicious breakfast-for-dinner meal!
I cooked 8 hours at 200 degrees -- the eggs were set and the food warm through. I would have preferred it to be hot, so next time I'll turn up the heat for 10 or 15 minutes just before serving.