Cheddar Sausage and Potato Casserole, Iris
6 mediumrusset potatoes, well, scrubbed, shredded
1 largeyellow onions, minced
1 mediumgreen bell pepper
2 chalf and half
3 1/2 ccheddar cheese, sharp
3 linkhillshire farm, smoked sausage
How to Make Cheddar Sausage and Potato Casserole, Iris
- Use mandolin or grater for potatoes sliced thin, or shredded fine, set aside in cold salted water.
- In food processor, dice onions and bell pepper. Brown sausage in a skillet, set aside until cool enough to handle. Then slice, cube or coarsely grind in food processor.
- In a mixing bowl pour the half and half, the eggs, and flour, mixing well. Mix potatoes, onions, bell pepper and sausage together and spoon into the dish.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the hash brown mixture, letting it soak thru. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, top with cheese and return to oven, under broiler until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve warm.