Cheddar Sausage and Potato Casserole, Iris
- 6 medium
- russet potatoes, well, scrubbed, shredded
- 1 large
- yellow onions, minced
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper
- 2 c
- half and half
- 3 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, sharp
- 1/3 c
- 3 link
- hillshire farm, smoked sausage
How to Make Cheddar Sausage and Potato Casserole, Iris
- 1Use mandolin or grater for potatoes sliced thin, or shredded fine, set aside in cold salted water.
- 2In food processor, dice onions and bell pepper. Brown sausage in a skillet, set aside until cool enough to handle. Then slice, cube or coarsely grind in food processor.
- 3In a mixing bowl pour the half and half, the eggs, and flour, mixing well. Mix potatoes, onions, bell pepper and sausage together and spoon into the dish.
- 4Pour milk and egg mixture over the hash brown mixture, letting it soak thru. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- 5Remove from oven, top with cheese and return to oven, under broiler until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve warm.