Bob W'S Hash Brown Breakfist Casserole.
I will add pictures when I make this again. I always for get to take pictures.
1 chalf & half
3/4 tspdryed thyme
·salt and pepper to taste.
1 1/2 lbmaple sausage cooked and crumbled
8 slicetexas toast
4 1/2 cfrozen shredded hash brown potatoes.
3 largeapples, peeled, cored, and diced.
2 1/2 cshredded cheese, your choice. i use a blend of montery jack and chedder cheese
2 call purpose flour
1 crolled otes
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 creal butter softened
1/2 Tbspcinnamon and nutmeg each.
1 1/2 Tbsphot sauce
How to Make Bob W'S Hash Brown Breakfist Casserole.
- You will need a 9x13 inch or larger baking dish and 2 large mixing bowls.
Spray baking dish with pam and set aside for now.
In a large mixing bowl add eggs, hot sauce, half & half, salt, pepper, thyme, mix with a wisk till smooth. Set a side..
- I another large mixing bowl, toss together potatoes, apples, cheese, cooked sausage and mix well.
- In the baking dish add 4 slices of bread. add half of the potato mixture over the bread. Pour half of egg mixture over bread and press down with a fork to help absorb evenly. Now top with remaining bread then potatoes and then egg mixture.
Again pressing down with a fork.
- In the bowl you use to mix potatoes add flour, oats, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Using your hands mix every thing together till blended,. Spread over the top of the casserole. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set over night in the fridge.
- The next morning remove from fridge and let set 15 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 375.
Set casserole in the oven and bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until lightly browned and crisp..