Bob W'S Hash Brown Breakfist Casserole.
I will add pictures when I make this again. I always for get to take pictures.
- 10 large
- 1 c
- half & half
- 3/4 tsp
- dryed thyme
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 1/2 lb
- maple sausage cooked and crumbled
- 8 slice
- texas toast
- 4 1/2 c
- frozen shredded hash brown potatoes.
- 3 large
- apples, peeled, cored, and diced.
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded cheese, your choice. i use a blend of montery jack and chedder cheese
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- rolled otes
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 c
- real butter softened
- 1/2 Tbsp
- cinnamon and nutmeg each.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- hot sauce
How to Make Bob W'S Hash Brown Breakfist Casserole.
- 1You will need a 9x13 inch or larger baking dish and 2 large mixing bowls.
Spray baking dish with pam and set aside for now.
In a large mixing bowl add eggs, hot sauce, half & half, salt, pepper, thyme, mix with a wisk till smooth. Set a side..
- 2I another large mixing bowl, toss together potatoes, apples, cheese, cooked sausage and mix well.
- 3In the baking dish add 4 slices of bread. add half of the potato mixture over the bread. Pour half of egg mixture over bread and press down with a fork to help absorb evenly. Now top with remaining bread then potatoes and then egg mixture.
Again pressing down with a fork.
- 4In the bowl you use to mix potatoes add flour, oats, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Using your hands mix every thing together till blended,. Spread over the top of the casserole. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set over night in the fridge.
- 5The next morning remove from fridge and let set 15 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 375.
Set casserole in the oven and bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until lightly browned and crisp..