Apple Dumpling Frenh Toast Bake
- granny smith apples, diced
- 2/3 c
- light brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 12 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp
- ginger, ground
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- original bisquick mix
- small croissants, torn in bite-size pieces
- 1/3 c
- chopped nuts, (optional)
How to Make Apple Dumpling Frenh Toast Bake
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, sauté apples with sugars until apples are tender and sugar is caramelized. Add vanilla, and stir. Remove from heat.
- 3While apples are cooking, in small bowl, mix butter with cinnamon and ginger.
- 4In large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Beat in Bisquick® mix and butter mixture with whisk. Add in pieces of croissant; allow them to soak while apples cook.
- 5When apples are ready, add apple mixture to soaking croissants. Stir to combine. Pour into baking dish.
- 6Bake 45 minutes. Serve hot.