Apple Dumpling Frenh Toast Bake
2granny smith apples, diced
2/3 clight brown sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
12 Tbspunsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 Tbspcinnamon, ground
1 tspginger, ground
1/2 coriginal bisquick mix
6small croissants, torn in bite-size pieces
1/3 cchopped nuts, (optional)
How to Make Apple Dumpling Frenh Toast Bake
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet, sauté apples with sugars until apples are tender and sugar is caramelized. Add vanilla, and stir. Remove from heat.
- While apples are cooking, in small bowl, mix butter with cinnamon and ginger.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Beat in Bisquick® mix and butter mixture with whisk. Add in pieces of croissant; allow them to soak while apples cook.
- When apples are ready, add apple mixture to soaking croissants. Stir to combine. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes. Serve hot.