Zucchini Orange Date Nut Bread - Dee Dee's
When I was still working, an elderly customer that I was very fond of would come in the bank and share gardening tips and recipes with me. This is a recipe that she shared with me and boy am I glad she did!
Use coconut oil and honey for a heathier treat.
Hope you enjoy this as much I do!
1 ccooking oil (or 3/4 cup) (i used 3/4 cup coconut oil)
1 1/2 csugar (or 1 cup honey) (i used 1 cup honey)
IF YOU USE HONEY, USE THE LESSOR AMOUNT OF COOKING OIL
1 3/4 czucchini, unpeeled and grated
2 Tbsporange peel (zest)
1/4 corange juice, fresh
1 cdates, chopped
1 cnuts, chopped (i used walnuts)
3 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Zucchini Orange Date Nut Bread - Dee Dee's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, cooking oil and sugar together until creamy and well blended; add zucchini, orange peel, orange juice, dates, nuts and vanilla; mix well. Set aside.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamy ingredients. Stir until well blended
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; pour in the batter and bake for about 45 minutes or until well done. IT TOOK ABOUT 1 1/2 HOURS IN MY OVEN! My oven is new. So, just make sure it’s done before removing from oven. I used a cake tester to test, tested until it came out clean. You can use a toothpick for same results.
- NOTE: When I poured the ingredients in the pan, I was certain this batter would rise and run over in to the oven so I placed a piece of aluminum foil under the pan in case it did. It did rise about 1-inch over the top of pan, but it didn’t run over. Perhaps this could be put into 2 loaf pans and baked for 45 minutes.
- Serving suggestions: Spread with cream cheese to serve.