Zucchini & Crushed Pineapple Bread
Note~ When making mini loafs, one loaf cut into 8 pieces is 2 Weight Watcher Plus points.
- 3 c
- white whole wheat flour, or whatever you have on hand
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- light brown sugar
- 1 c
- applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 can(s)
- crushed pineapple 8 oz. can *undrained*
- 2 c
- shredded zucchini
How to Make Zucchini & Crushed Pineapple Bread
- 1Preheat your oven to 350* and grease two regular size loaf pans or four mini.
- 2In a large bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder,
- 3In a smaller bowl mix together the eggs, and applesauce until well combined, pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients, mix until combined
- 4Add in the undrained crushed pinapple and the shredded zucchini, stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated
- 5Carefully pour bread batter into prepared pans filling only until 3/4 of the way full, bake 1 hour for regular loaves or 30-40 minutes for mini loafs, make sure middle is done!
- 6Let bread stand 10 minutes in pan and then invert it to a cooling rack, making sure to losen all sides of the pan before inverting to eliminate it sticking and tearing apart. Serve warm, left overs are best kept in the refrigerator.