Zucchini Almond Loaf
3 call purpose flour
3 czucchini, grated
1 calmond meal
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 coil, vegetable or canola
1 tspalmond extract
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Zucchini Almond Loaf
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper or grease and flour. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add almond meal (or grind almonds in food processor to make fine meal). Stir into flour mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar. Add oil. Beat until thick and smooth. Add vanilla and almond extract. (Too much almond extract can be bitter, so watch about adding extra.)
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture. With a spoon, mix gently to combine until no flour streaks are showing. Do not over-work. Fold in zucchini.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Time will vary depending on oven. Test for doneness with a toothpick inserted in centre. Cool in pan 10 minutes then allow to cool on a rack.
- If you like, you can top these loaves with a simple glaze made with icing sugar, a drop or two of almond extract, and a bit of water, but it's really great without too.