Walnut Raisin Pinwheels
Lisa 'Gayle' Goff
How to Make Walnut Raisin Pinwheels
- pre-heat oil for frying to medium heat
prepare a cinnamon sugar mix in a bowl and a powdered sugar bowl to top immediately out of the oil, if they cool it will not adhere.
- remove dough from can unroll just as it is don't stretch it into a pizza size.
- put cinnamon sugar mix, raisins and walnuts all over dough.
- roll like a jelly roll and slice into 3/4" rolls put a toothpick all the way through to keep it from unraveling.
- carefully place in oil until golden brown, it does not take very long don't burn them, if they cook too hot or too fast adjust oil or the middle will not get cooked. Once removed from oil you must dust immediately or it will not adhere properly.