UBC Cinnamon Buns
This is the original recipe provided by UBC to a local newspaper. Now everyone can enjoy these delicious cinnamon rolls.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbsproom temperature water
3 1/4 call purpose flour
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
2 tspbread machine yeast
1/3 cplus 1 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tspground cinnamon
6 Tbspmelted butter, divided
How to Make UBC Cinnamon Buns
- Put rolls ingredients in bread machine pan in order suggested by the machine manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle. When cycle is complete remove dough from machine and put on lightly floured surface. (This is a soft dough.) Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare filling: In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough to a 14" X 9" rectangle. Generously brush with 2 TBSP melted butter.
Place remaining 2 TBSP melted butter in bottom of 10" round baking pan.
- Sprinkle dough evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Roll up tightly like a jelly roll, pinch seam to seal. Remeasure and shape back to a 14 inch roll.
With a sharp knife cut into 2 inch slices. Arrange slices in the prepared pan and cover loosely with greased parchment.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size - about 20 to 30 minutes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 or 45 minutes or until done.
Remove from oven and invest onto serving tray.
Makes 7 large cinnamon buns.
- Note: for smaller cinnamon buns roll to a 12"X9" rectangle and proceed as above. Cut dough into 12 one inch slices and put into a 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until done.