UBC Cinnamon Buns
This is the original recipe provided by UBC to a local newspaper. Now everyone can enjoy these delicious cinnamon rolls.
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- room temperature water
- 1 medium
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 tsp
- 3 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 2 tsp
- bread machine yeast
- 1/3 c
- plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp
- melted butter, divided
How to Make UBC Cinnamon Buns
- 1Put rolls ingredients in bread machine pan in order suggested by the machine manufacturer.
- 2Select dough cycle. When cycle is complete remove dough from machine and put on lightly floured surface. (This is a soft dough.) Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3Prepare filling: In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Roll dough to a 14" X 9" rectangle. Generously brush with 2 TBSP melted butter.
Place remaining 2 TBSP melted butter in bottom of 10" round baking pan.
- 5Sprinkle dough evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Roll up tightly like a jelly roll, pinch seam to seal. Remeasure and shape back to a 14 inch roll.
With a sharp knife cut into 2 inch slices. Arrange slices in the prepared pan and cover loosely with greased parchment.
- 6Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size - about 20 to 30 minutes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 or 45 minutes or until done.
Remove from oven and invest onto serving tray.
Makes 7 large cinnamon buns.
- 7Note: for smaller cinnamon buns roll to a 12"X9" rectangle and proceed as above. Cut dough into 12 one inch slices and put into a 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until done.