Sweet and Tart Cream Cheese Rolls
Of course, if you want to use your own bread dough you can do that also.
I'm for the quick and easy..So delicious...
- rhodes frozen bread rolls, thawed
- 1/4 c
- margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- dried fruit, of choice, chopped ( used crasins)
- 1 c
- granulated sugar, divided
- 8 oz
- pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
- each of grated lemon rind and orange rind
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 5 tsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Sweet and Tart Cream Cheese Rolls
- 1Cut thawed rolls in half. Place 18 halves, cut side down, in bottom of each pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.. Brush melted margarine evenly over rolls. Cover and let rise in a warm place, for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with dried fruit, set aside.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup of the sugar, cream cheese, orange juice and egg in a mixer bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Pour mixture evenly over both pans of rolls.
- 3Combine remaining sugar and rinds, sprinkle evenly over cream cheese mixture. Cover with sprayed wax paper and let rise until doubled in size a little longer than one hour or so.
- 4Heat oven to 350^. Bake for 20 minutes. Cover with foil. Bake for 6 minutes more or until rolls in center are done. Remove from oven; cool 15-20 minutes.
Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over rolls.