Sunday Surprise (I call them Long Johns )
1/2 cbutter, melted
2 cwater (warm120 degrees )
1/3 cwater (very warm 120 degrees)
2 mediumeggs (slightly beaten)
How to Make Sunday Surprise (I call them Long Johns )
- I use my stand mixer,
Mix sugar, butter, salt, and water.
- Add 2 cups water and mix well.
- Add yeast and eggs mix well.
Change to bread hook.
- Add 4 cups more flour to make sticky dough.
- Pour on to flour ed surface knead dough till no longer sticky about five minutes.
- Put in greased large bowl let raise 1 hour or till double in size.
- Remove from bowl put on floured surface roll out till about 1 inch thick. Cut in long strips about 3in. Longx 2 in. Wide.
- Let raise on greased cookie sheet till double covered.
- In a heavy pan or a flyer fry till golden brown, drain on paper towels till cool frost with favorite frosting.
- I fry about 3 at a time