Steamed Cranberry Brown Bread (Slow Cooker)
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
3/4 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cdried cranberries (craisins)
2 Tbspchopped walnuts
How to Make Steamed Cranberry Brown Bread (Slow Cooker)
- Coat the inside of a clean 12-13-oz coffee can with cooking spray.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and molasses; stir well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in dried cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into coffee can. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray; secure with a rubber band.
- Place can in a slow cooker liner; add enough hot water to slow cooker to come halfway up sides of can.
- Cover with lid and cook on high-heat setting for 2 1/2-3 hours, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove can from slow cooker. Let bread cool, covered, in can on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from can and let cool completely on wire rack.