Slender Orange Clove Scones
Note: for pretty-on-a-plate presentation, melt 1/2 cup brown sugar with 3 Tbs. water in microwave and drizzle over scones.
1 3/4 cflour
1 Tbspflavored coffee creamer powder (i use coffee mate parisian almond creme)
3zest of 3 oranges
1 1/2 tspground cloves
1 stickunsalted butter (very cold - put in freezer)
How to Make Slender Orange Clove Scones
- Place stick of butter in the freezer.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (including zest); set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients (reserve one of the eggs to the side) in separate bowl.
- Pour in wet ingredients and mix gently with spatula; do not overmix or your scone will come out very heavy. You will end up with a crumbly mixture...not very cohesive at all.
- Turn your crumbly mixture onto floured surface and fold gently with flowered hands, using your fingers to shape and pat it into a flat ball, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Beat your leftover egg. Brush wedge tops with beaten egg. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake wedges in a buttered casserole pan 15-20 minutes until tops are golden.