Slender Orange Clove Scones
Note: for pretty-on-a-plate presentation, melt 1/2 cup brown sugar with 3 Tbs. water in microwave and drizzle over scones.
- 1 3/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- flavored coffee creamer powder (i use coffee mate parisian almond creme)
- zest of 3 oranges
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter (very cold - put in freezer)
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
How to Make Slender Orange Clove Scones
- 1Place stick of butter in the freezer.
- 2Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (including zest); set aside.
- 3Mix wet ingredients (reserve one of the eggs to the side) in separate bowl.
- 6Pour in wet ingredients and mix gently with spatula; do not overmix or your scone will come out very heavy. You will end up with a crumbly mixture...not very cohesive at all.
- 7Turn your crumbly mixture onto floured surface and fold gently with flowered hands, using your fingers to shape and pat it into a flat ball, about 1/8 inch thick.
- 9Beat your leftover egg. Brush wedge tops with beaten egg. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake wedges in a buttered casserole pan 15-20 minutes until tops are golden.