- 1 3/4 c
- warm water
- 2 pkg
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- soft butter (not melted)
- 6 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make Refrigerator Rolls (Dinner & Cinnamon)
- 1Put warm water in large bowl, stir in yeast and sugar. Add soft butter, salt and 3 cups of flour.
- 2When all mixed add rest of flour small amounts at a time. Add flour untill dough stays in a ball around the spoon. Might not take all the flour.
- 3Let rise one time, cover with saran wrap or damp paper towel. Refrigerate over night or until very well chilled. This dough is much easier to work with cold.
- 4When ready to make rolls, put dough on floured board, to make parker house rolls or cresents. Can also make clover leaves (3 or 4 small balls in a greased muffin pan). Knots, braids, or any other shape you want. To make parker house, roll dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, cut with biscuit cutter or I use a glass. Butter half, fold in half, put on greased cookie sheet.
- 5Let rise double, Bake at 35o for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown. Butter tops (opt) serve.
- 6For Cinnamon Rolls
one recipe of refrigerator dough
roll dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
spread with soft butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 7Roll like a jelly roll, with the seam on the bottom. Cut about 1 inch thick, put cut side down in a greased baking dish. Let rise approx 1 hour or until double. Bake 350 for 15 to 20 min.
- 8For Pecan Stickies
1/4 c brown sugar firmly packed
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
Mix all ingredient in saucepan or microwave dish till melted and mixed. Pour into the bottom of baking dish. Top with whole or chopped pecans.
Put cut cinnamon rolls on top, rise and bake 350 for 15 to 20 min.
When done let set 2 to 3 minutes then turn onto a serving platter. Don't wait to long or rolls will stick to the pan.