Quick Sweet Whole Wheat Bread
2 1/2 cwhole wheat flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 largeegg, beaten
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 tspgrated lemon or orange zest
2/3 cplain yogurt or buttermilk
How to Make Quick Sweet Whole Wheat Bread
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine the beaten egg, molasses, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and grated lemon or orange peel.
- Add the flour mixture to the molasses mixture alternately with the yogurt or buttermilk. Do not overbeat.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake about 50 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean.