Quick Bread Base
How to Make Quick Bread Base
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and grease the loaf pans liberally.
- 2In a large bowl cream sugar, butter and margarine until slightly fluffy.
- 3In a small bowl combine sour milk and baking soda, then set aside.
- 4Add eggs to sugar mix and mix well.
- 5Add pulp/puree to sugar mix and blend well.
- 6Add soda mixture and flour to large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 7Pour into a well greased loaf pan, then let set for 10 minutes.
- 8Bake at 350F for 1 hour. DO NOT OVERBAKE. The top will crack, but do not panic.
- 9After cooling for 10 minutes remove from the pan and cover with plastic wrap, using tooth picks to keep the wrap from sticking to the top.