Quick Bread Base
2 csugar, white
1/2 cbutter, salted
2 tspbaking soda
2 Tbspsour milk
3 cfavourite veggie or fruit pulp/puree
4 cflour, all purpose
How to Make Quick Bread Base
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease the loaf pans liberally.
- In a large bowl cream sugar, butter and margarine until slightly fluffy.
- In a small bowl combine sour milk and baking soda, then set aside.
- Add eggs to sugar mix and mix well.
- Add pulp/puree to sugar mix and blend well.
- Add soda mixture and flour to large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a well greased loaf pan, then let set for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour. DO NOT OVERBAKE. The top will crack, but do not panic.
- After cooling for 10 minutes remove from the pan and cover with plastic wrap, using tooth picks to keep the wrap from sticking to the top.