Pumpkin Waffles by Susan
I beat all my pancake and waffle batters by hand. If you choose to use a mixer, use low speed for the eggs and pumpkin, then a slow "stir" speed for the rest. Waffles should not be over-beaten or they may become tough.
- 1 c
- pureed pumpkin
- 2/3 c
- plain greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp
- sorghum, brown sugar, or other sweetener
- 3/4 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp
- 7/8 c
- biscuit baking mix, like bisquick
- oil or melted shortening for the waffle iron
How to Make Pumpkin Waffles by Susan
- 1Beat eggs well in a medium mixing bowl. Beat in pumpkin and yogurt until smooth. Stir in sorghum or sugar, spices, and biscuit mix. Blend well.
- 2Preheat waffle iron to medium setting. Brush lightly with oil or shortening between each waffle.
- 3Using about 1/3 cup batter, make waffles according to instructions with your waffle iron. Remove to a plate and keep warm until all are done.
- 4Serve with butter and syrup. I have found a pumpkin syrup that is really good on these. Sorghum is good, too. They may also be sprinkled with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.