Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread Mix in a Jar
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tsppumpkin pie spice (ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, ground allspice, and ground cloves}
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/3 cbrown sugar, packed
1 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cchopped pecans, or walnuts
3/4 cdried cranberries
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1 qtjar, with lid
1 can(s)(15 oz) canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
How to Make Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread Mix in a Jar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stirring until well blended. Place mixture into a 1-quart jar. Pack down this layer.
- Add the brown sugar to the jar, firmly packing down.
- Layer the granulated sugar on top of the brown sugar, firmly packing.
- Layer the pecans and then the dried cranberries into the jar. Top with chocolate chips, if using.
- Place lid tightly on jar. Makes base for one recipe of Pumpkin Cranberry Bread.
- Attach the following instructions to the jar:
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
1 jar pumpkin cranberry bread mix
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (reserve remaining pumpkin for another use-it freezes well)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour (or use spray) one 9 x 5-inch loaf pan (or 4 small loaf pans).
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil and eggs, stirring until well blended; set aside.
Place contents of jar into a medium bowl; mix until well blended and brown sugar is no longer clumped. Add flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, stirring until well blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan(s). Bake for 40-50 minutes (30 to 35 minutes for the small pans), or until inserted wooden pick comes out clean and tops of loaves spring back when pressed.