Pineapple Cherry Bread with Glaze
No sugar 1 stick of butter.
I took the option of putting coconut across the top of one of the loaves to give it that tropical taste.
The cardamon...I used powdered is alluring in this recipe and just heightens the flavor.
If you like cherries and pineapple you must try this recipe.
1 tspground cardamom
5 call-purpose flour
5 1/2 tspbaking powder
16 ozcan tidbit pineapple undrained
1 Tbsptablespoon lemon peel, grated
10 ozjar maraschino cherries, chopped, reserve liquid
1/2 cnuts of your choice chopped
1 cpowdered sugar
1 1/4 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Pineapple Cherry Bread with Glaze
- In a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and cardamom. Beat in eggs one at time
- In another bowl, sift together and add flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir in pineapple (undrained), grated lemon peel, chopped maraschino cherries (reserve the liquid), and chopped walnuts. Add water to the reserved cherry juice to make 2 cups. Add to the mixture and divide into two loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool completely
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over the loaves