Pecan Banana Bread
I have made this on various occasions. It always rises up beautifully and the banana fragrance from this bread is really enticing. This is for a Christmas potluck for my husband's work. I hope everyone enjoys it.
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- non-aluminum baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- celtic sea salt
- 1/2 c
- goat butter
- 3/4 c
- lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 c
- pecans, course chop
How to Make Pecan Banana Bread
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350'F. I live at 5,000 ft. so I put my oven at 325'F. I cut back a little on the baking soda and sugar.
- 2Also I used a large loaf pan 10x5", you can use a 9x5" loaf pan here also. I sprayed it with non-stick oil. Flour the pan and then put a piece of parchment in the bottom and spray oil that too. This will ensure this won't stick.
- 3Mash your bananas and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- 5In the bowl of your stand mixer blend the butter and brown sugar.
- 6Add the beaten eggs and mashed banana to the butter and sugar. Mix this well.
- 7Add the flour mixture and just mix until moist. Don't over mix, it will get tough.
- 8Put the batter, which will be very thick, into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes.
- 9When done stick a long scewer into the middle of the loaf. It if comes out clean it's done.
- 10Let the bread cool on a wire rack for at least 20-30 minutes. Remove and then set on the wire rack and let it cool further. Refrigerate to keep fresh.