Pecan Banana Bread
I have made this on various occasions. It always rises up beautifully and the banana fragrance from this bread is really enticing. This is for a Christmas potluck for my husband's work. I hope everyone enjoys it.
2 call purpose flour
1 tspnon-aluminum baking soda
1/4 tspceltic sea salt
1/2 cgoat butter
3/4 clightly packed brown sugar
2 largeeggs, beaten
2 cmashed ripe bananas
1/2 cpecans, course chop
How to Make Pecan Banana Bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 350'F. I live at 5,000 ft. so I put my oven at 325'F. I cut back a little on the baking soda and sugar.
- Also I used a large loaf pan 10x5", you can use a 9x5" loaf pan here also. I sprayed it with non-stick oil. Flour the pan and then put a piece of parchment in the bottom and spray oil that too. This will ensure this won't stick.
- Mash your bananas and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer blend the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs and mashed banana to the butter and sugar. Mix this well.
- Add the flour mixture and just mix until moist. Don't over mix, it will get tough.
- Put the batter, which will be very thick, into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes.
- When done stick a long scewer into the middle of the loaf. It if comes out clean it's done.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack for at least 20-30 minutes. Remove and then set on the wire rack and let it cool further. Refrigerate to keep fresh.