OMG Yummy Cinna Buns
I'm sure these are not much different from other recipes out there .. don't care .. I make these and I like them so they are mine !
·frozen bread dough balls - 6
·butter - about 4 tablespoons
·cinnamon - about 3 tablespoons
·brown sugar - about 1/2 cup
·raisins - i like golden - about a cup
·more butter - about 3 tablespoons
·glaze - you will make this twice
·powdered sugar - about a cup
·pure vanilla extract - 2 or 3 teaspoons
·more butter - about a tablespoon
·heavy cream or half n half or milk
How to Make OMG Yummy Cinna Buns
- Take the bread dough balls and place them into a lightly greased baking dish like an 8x8 square or a pie pan.
If you are doing this in a hurry, fill a large pot with very hot water.
Set your pan of dough balls on top of the water, cover with plastic wrap and let it set for about 25 minutes.
This will allow your dough balls to thaw quickly.
- When they are thawed, but still chilled, take them and lay them on a cutting board or countertop and begin rolling them together into a rectangle.
Once you get it rolled out sprinkle the heck out of the rectangle with cinnamon.
Then cover all of that with brown sugar.
Then take the 1/4 cup butter and melt it.
Sprinkle it over top of all of the sugar.
Sprinkle that with your raisins.
- Take one end and begin rolling into a tube.
Pinch the ends together.
Cut into equal size pieces at least 1" thick.
- Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter and pour into pie plate or 8x8 baking dish.
Place your pieces cut side down into the melted butter.
Cover with plastic wrap then a tea towel and let it set in a warmish place for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
Place rolls into oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven.
Immediately mix your glaze and pour over the hot rolls.
- Set on rack and when they are completely cooled, make another batch of glaze and spread over top.
Get a giant napkin and a couple of wet wipes and dig in !