OATMEAL MOLASSES BREAD
1 coatmeal, uncooked
1 cwater, warm
1 Tbspactive dry yeast
5-6 call purpose flour
1/2 cdark molasses
1/2 ccanola oil
How to Make OATMEAL MOLASSES BREAD
- Place in 3 quart bowl water and oatmeal. Place uncovered in microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes.Add molasses and let cool to warm. Set aside.
- In 1 cup measuring cup proof 1 cup warm water, 1 tablespoon of dry yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Cover and let foam.
- In larger mixing bowl add oatmeal mixture and 1 cup flour, stir with wooden spoon. Add yeast mixture, stir. Stir in more flour. Then add eggs, oil and salt. Stir in well.. Keep adding more flour until dough leaves the side of the bowl.
- Place of floured surface and knead bread dough with your hands for 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.Cover with towel.
- Wash out large bowl to remove any flour or dough left on sides, rinse and dry with towel. Then take 2-3 Tablespoons of oil and add to bowl. Take dough resting on surface and add to the bowl covering the surface with the oil. Cover again with towel place on wire rack over warm water and let rise 60 minutes.
- When dough rises double, punch down and divide into 4 greased 9x11 bread loaf pans. Let rise 45 minutes until double on rack over warm water.
- Bake 35-45 minutes in 350 degrees oven. Loaves should be golden brown on top and and give a hollow sound when thumped on top. Remove from pans. Brush top with margarine or butter to keep soft
- May be used as breakfast toast, sandwich bread, french toast and served with poached eggs. Place in re-seal-able 1 gallon plastic bags. Freeze extra loaves. Great to give as hostess, birthday, or new church member gift.