Norma's Moist Lemon Glazed Poppy Seed Bread
2 1/4 cflour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/4 csugar
1 cbutter, melted
1 Tbspgrated lemon peel
2 Tbsppoppy seeds
3 Tbspbutter, melted
1 1/2 Tbspfresh squeesed lemon juice or bottled
How to Make Norma's Moist Lemon Glazed Poppy Seed Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Greese bottom only of 4 (5-1/2 X 3 inch) loaf pans or one large loaf pan. Set aside.
- Sift the flour,baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is well blended.
- Pour and spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set on wire rack.
- Stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl and drizzle over warm bread loaves.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans.
- Wrap each loaf in clear wrap to keep moist. This bread does freeze well.