Mom's Strawberry Shortcake
Sadly and oddly enough this was the only time my Mom ever made biscuits.
The only other time I had biscuits was in school, cafeteria biscuits, loved them so much, TRADED stuff to get MORE biscuits. Makes me sad now just to think of it :(
2 csifted all purpose flour
3 tspbaking powder
1 largeegg, beaten
1/3 cmilk, more or less
4 csweetened sliced strawberries
1/2 ptheavy whipping cream
How to Make Mom's Strawberry Shortcake
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift first 4 ingredients together.
- Cut in shortning until like corn meal.
- Next add egg, then enough milk to make a dough that can be easily handled.
- Roll or pat dough into 1/2 inch or fatter rounds that are 3 inches wide.
- bake 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Split, spread with butter, and top with strawberies and sweetened whipped cream.