Mom's Strawberry Shortcake
Sadly and oddly enough this was the only time my Mom ever made biscuits.
The only other time I had biscuits was in school, cafeteria biscuits, loved them so much, TRADED stuff to get MORE biscuits. Makes me sad now just to think of it :(
- 2 c
- sifted all purpose flour
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1/3 c
- milk, more or less
- 4 c
- sweetened sliced strawberries
- 1/2 pt
- heavy whipping cream
How to Make Mom's Strawberry Shortcake
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Sift first 4 ingredients together.
- 3Cut in shortning until like corn meal.
- 4Next add egg, then enough milk to make a dough that can be easily handled.
- 5Roll or pat dough into 1/2 inch or fatter rounds that are 3 inches wide.
- 6bake 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- 7Split, spread with butter, and top with strawberies and sweetened whipped cream.