MOM'S Portuguese Malassadas(Dougboys)
- 8 c
- all- purpose flour
- 4 large
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 pkg
- dry yeast
- 4 c
- milk (with a little bit of water mix in )
- mazola oil,for deep frying.,or vegt. or canola oil)
- and sugar to sprinle over the malassadas
How to Make MOM'S Portuguese Malassadas(Dougboys)
- 1DISSOLVE yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water,and 1 teaspoon of sugar,set it aside,until foamy.
IN LARGE BOWL mix flour, salt, and sugar.
- 2MAKE A WELL in the flour mixture.
IN the well ,Add eggs, butter, yeast and ,milk.
MIX well and knead the dough well.
- 3COVER AND LET IT FOR 2 to 3 hours rise .
IN a large pot or cast iron dutch deep pan.Heat oil for frying, the doughboys,malassadas)
- 4TAKE a small portions with fingers and gently drop into hot oil.
DIP hands in milk to avoid sticking to fingers.
YOU can use a large fork to keep a small holes in the center of the dough ,just keeping the fork and stretch the dough a little in the center.
- 5WHEN brown ,turn to the other side.
REMOVE with fork,and drain on paper towel.IT makes about 4 dozens. YUMMY
SPRINKLE with sugar and serve it warm,with a nice cup of ,cold milk or cup tea,or coffee,its great for dunking .
AFTER it cools a little put in a tight container . ENJOY IT. WE all always did.Thanks Mom for sharing such great memories And we all still learning more everyday. GORETTI MAXEY 1/2/2012