Molasses Cornbread with Pineapple & Yellow Squash
We enjoyed it served with
Garlic Herb Lentil Hash (made into patties)
Pickled Watermelon Rind
Salty Bacon Beet Green Saute.
Links to all these recipes are attached in the directions.
1 1/2 cself rising cornmeal
1 1/2 cself rising flour
2 Tbspdark molasses
1 can(s)cream corn
1/2 ccrushed pineapple
1/2 cshredded yellow, crook neck squash
1 cdark brown sugar
1/4 cvegetable oil
1/4 csour cream
1/4 tspsea salt
·enough milk to make a nice batter
How to Make Molasses Cornbread with Pineapple & Yellow Squash
- Preheat oven 325.
- Cream sugars and oil. Add vanilla and continue to beat.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Beating each time.
- Add in sour cream and molasses.
- Sift and combine the dry ingredients. Add in a quarter at a time.
- Fold in corn, pineapple, and squash. Mix until totally incorporated.
- Depending on how juicy your pineapple is, you may need to add a little milk to make a nice batter. This is optional.
- Divide batter and pour between two greased pans. If you are using cast iron cornbread pans, pour about 1/4 a cup of vegetable oil into each pan first.