Meme's Cinnamon Rolls
How to Make Meme's Cinnamon Rolls
- When homemade bread dough reaches the second rising stage, turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Form the dough into a long roll, about the length of two loaf pans placed end-to-end.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a large rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread a thick layer of butter over the dough rectangle. Sprinkle sugar thickly and evenly over the dough (may need to use more than 2 cups sugar).
- Next, sprinkle the cinnamon over the sugar – do not be stingy with the cinnamon. There should be a solid brown covering over the dough, when completed.
- Along one long edge of the rectangle, roll the dough tightly (like a long jelly roll).
- Slice the dough into 1-inch slices (use dental floss for slicing). Place the slices in a greased baking pan and allow them to rise.
- Bake at 350 degrees until sugar and butter have bubbled over and formed a crispy topping.
- HINT/SUGGESTION: If you’ve done it right, these will be the best cinnamon rolls you’ve ever tasted. If they’re not, then you probably need more butter, sugar or cinnamon - just keep practicing!