Melt in your mouth cinnamon rolls
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/4 cwarm water
1 cmilk, scalded
1egg, slightly beaten
3 1/2 csifted all purpose flour
2 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Melt in your mouth cinnamon rolls
- Soften yeast with 1/4 cup of warm water.
- In mixer combine: sugar, shortening, and salt; stir in hot milk; cool to lukewarm.
- Add softened yeast, egg, and 2 cups of flour; beat well. Gradually add remaining flour.
- Cover and let rise in warm place for 90 minutes.
- Punch down dough and then divide into two balls.
- Brush top of dough all over with about 2TB. butter.
- Generously sprinkle dough with brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
- Roll dough up from long side like you would a jelly roll; seal seam well.
- Brush tops of cinnamon rolls with more butter. Cover and let rise until almost double about 30-40 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until done--be careful not to overcook or they will not be as tender.
- Mix together sifted powdered sugar, vanilla, and butter. Add enough milk to make a runny frosting to drizzle on top.
- Serve warm. Drizzle frosting on top with a spoon and if desired sprinkle more chopped pecans on.