- 3/4 c
- soy milk ( could use regular milk)
- 2 tsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 2 c
- all purpose flour ( unbleached)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 t. canola oil
- egg whites
- zest from 2 lemons
- strained juice from 2 lemons
- powdered sugar
How to Make Lemon Glazed Sticky Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2In a medium bowl, add vinegar to soy milk and stir well, set aside
- 3Sift dry ingredients Into to large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- 4Add to soy mixture, oil, egg whites and zest. Whisk until well combined.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry with a few stirs of wooden spoon just until blended.
- 6Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7While bread is baking, stir glaze ingredients together.
*NOTE: to get the most juice from lemons, roll the lemon back and forth on counter while pushing down slightly.
When bread is done and while it is still hot, run a knife around edges of the pan to loosen.
- 8Take a wooden skewer and poke holes carefully all over. Pour glaze over bread and cool in pan on rack. Remove from pan and drizzle additional glaze over bread.